Board Meeting Minutes

Board Meeting Minutes

June 22, 2015 Board Meeting Minutes

November 24, 2015
Meeting Minutes
COPMOBA BOD Meeting; 06-25-2015
 Meeting Call to Order 5:45 PM
 Minutes from last meeting approved unanimously

 See Chapter Reports; as recited; additions
o Kris Cox gives notice; stepping down at beginning of 2016 as chapter chair
o RAT rec'd REI grant funding; $8K for signage
o Uncompahgre hired Amy Sharp to apply for CPW planning grant; ~50 mi @ Buzzard Gulch
o Delta - TMP being revised for Smith Mtn area, delays occuring

 Treasurer Report; see summaries from Treas (Clark)
o Discussion RE event fundraising; how to divvy up costs
o Clark offline project; one person from each chapter, set proposal for how to handle softgoods, etc.
o Acct Bal; $125939, 11,636 Paypal
o Total income YTD $59835
o Expenses YTD $38205
o Clark email detailed report to all board members

 Trailforks program pesentation: via phone con
o 27K programs, 163K rides
o no cost to involve organization
o ability to vet submissions
o ability for donations to be made directly to COPMOBA via the interface
o N. America is the primary regional focus, but looking globally (avail now)
o User regional bias; Washington & Utah hot spots
o some clubs using this as memberships & trail adoption scheme
o get user stats from ride logs
o data avail to anyone
o in 2014, 2K logs sent to site
o Vol hours & trail submissions RE status
o Stats & trail reports available
o Brent@pinkbike.com for contact
o COPMOBA is already associated with the site & some data - via user submission?

 Coordinator Report (Kristina); see separate summary. Add'l commnts
o Steve Barnes presented to Chambers of Ouray & Ridgway w good results
o we need to standardize this presentation
o Steve to work up generalized presentation & distribute to group
o Steve seeking membership list for Ridgway/Ouray area - Kristina to supply
o Wells Fargo Community Assistance Grant; $500-$1500 value range. Focus on communities where banks exist, non-profits. Apply.
o Feature Rides; why not do these? Get chapters involved earlier in the year.
 July - Mesa Top Trail
 Aug - Steve Barnes to set up
o Lack of communication between chapters & Kristina, how to improve?

 New Business
o Chris Davis stepping down - noted
o Laurie applying for seat on SW RAC ; Scott provided letter of recommendation for org.
o NW RAC - Clark points out our need to be present on this council
 Scott follow up with Kristina to get this process going
o Mission Statement review - table
o Financials:
 need to have additional accounting & financial oversight, second set of eyes in Treas work, and future replacement for Clark in Treas position.
 Clark to put a job description together for this position - forward to Kristina
o House Bill information forwarded earlier by Rod to board members. Regarding funding for interaction with federal agencies for planning activities. DOLA funding, Scott to forward that info again to board.
o Assistance agreement update - tabled
o Financial Structure;
 funding process - reviewed current status, no motions presented.
o Insurance overview
 added coverage
o non-owned auto liability
o workers comp coverage
 Clark to create a bullet list of Ins coverage, provide to BOD in 2 weeks.
o Purchasing Process;
 Materials Printing
 Any printed or promotional material to be sent to Coord for editorial review & promotional distribution prior to going to print
o Clark Moves, Dan 2nd, all approve.
o Coordinator role review - tabled
o Brand ID review - tabled
o Adjourn 8:30
No Comments   |   Add a Comment >>

Upcoming Events

Finish out 2017 by taking advantage of the fantastic weather!
Then get prepped for 2018 by staying involved through the winter!
Check out the full calendar
Escalante Triangle Trails Kick-Off
Oct 28 @ 11:00AM
DAMB (Delta Area Mountain Bikers) Invites Public to – New Trail System Celebration and Planning   On Saturday, October…
view more »
City of Fruita
 
Mountain Khakis
REI
MOGfest
Forest Service
Forest Service
BLM
Thin Air