COPMOBA Seeks Bids for New Trail Project
REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS
ESCALANTE TRIANGLE, DOMINGUEZ-ESCALANTE NATIONAL CONSERVATION AREA
COLORADO PLATEAU MOUNTAIN BIKE TRAIL ASSOCIATION (COPMOBA)
CONTACT: Tisha McCombs email@example.com
Delta Area Mountain Bikers (DAMB)and COPMOBA solicit proposals from qualified individuals or entities for the design of a single track trail system, to be the basis of future construction of a multi-use non-motorized trail system in the Escalante Triangle area of the Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area (D-ENCA), managed by the Bureau of Land Management. The Escalante Triangle Area has been designated by BLM as a Recreation Management Zone (RMZ) with special emphasis toward development of a mountain bike trail system.
The successful applicant’s proposal will include the following:
- A summary of the applicant’s experience and qualifications for trail design.
- A description of the methodology to be used in the design phase.
- A monetary bid for completing a map of conceptual routes plus specific costs to add additional levels of planning to include ground proofing, GPS traces, and flagged lines. An basic example is below:
Map of conceptual route- $$$
+Ground proofing- $$$
+Ground proofing & GPS traces- $$$
+Ground proofing, GPS traces, & flagged lines- $$$
- A description of the applicant’s plan to keep DAMB and COPMOBA advised of its progress toward the completion of the project.
- Proposed date of completion of design, no later than November 30, 2017.
As envisioned by COPMOBA, the project will address the following:
- A stacked trail system, with approximately 30 to 35 miles of trail within the RMZ.
- Trail design to accommodate beginner (easy), intermediate, and advanced mountain bike users.
- Inclusion of trails accessible to adaptive users.
- Utilization of routes already designated by BLM for use by bicycle, horse or foot. (See attached map of Escalante Triangle RMZ.)
- Co-hosting of a public input meeting with COPMOBA, DAMB and BLM to be scheduled in late August or early September at a public location in Delta to solicit ideas, preferences and other input from the general public and user groups.
Please note, COPMOBA will not provide to the contractor any insurance coverage or any additional services beyond review and comment on project needs during this period of contracted work
Proposals are due to Tisha McCombs, by August 1, 2017 via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Determination and notification of award will be made by August 15, 2017.